We collect very little information about our readers through our website and app. We abide by The Privacy Act 2018.
Data collected by Setopati
- Our readers' privacy is of utmost importance to us.
- When a reader visits our website or app, certain non-personally identifiable information such as their IP address, geolocation information, type of device, and the time they spend on our website or app is automatically collected and stored in our records.
- Setopati does not provide any information about its readers to third parties.
- However, when readers engage with our content on our official social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Reddit), the personal information they provide to those platforms can be viewed by other users.
Privacy in news
- We will keep the identity of a news source confidential if they do not permit us to reveal their name and other personal details.
- We will keep the identities of victims of violence and abuse confidential.
- We will not reveal the identity of the accused in any case. However, identity can be revealed through an editorial decision if the accused holds public office or is a celebrity.
- Your conversation with Setopati on any platform (phone, email, messenger, etc) will be kept confidential.
Confidentiality of children
- We will take special precautions when collecting news about children as we are highly sensitive to the personal information of children.
- If we need to use children in our news, we will get permission from their families and schools.
If you have any suggestions, you can contact us at [email protected]